Pregnancy: 11 Weeks


How far along? 11 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 2 pounds up
Maternity clothes? Wearing a belly band with all my pants
Stretch marks? None yet thank goodness, but lots of blue veins have cropped up this week
Sleep: Wish that I could sleep a little bit more.  I am having trouble sleeping.
Best moment this week: Going to the doctor!  *See the note after for more on this!
Have you told family and friends: Yes, and even if I hadn't everyone could tell!
Miss Anything? There are little things that seem like they require so much energy... I don't know if that's pregnancy or just me though!
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Queso, yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Veggies are so icky to me right now.
Have you started to show yet: Yep... doctor confirmed this is my uterus tilted forward.
Gender prediction: I say boy, Sam says girl!
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? innie
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still pretty happy! Cranky when I'm tired
Weekly Wisdom: Nothing revolutionary, but I will say getting up and fixing your hair made me feel so much better.  (Like maybe I didn't look like a slob!)
Looking forward to: In two weeks we are out of the first trimester... woohoo!



Doctor's Trip 10/10/12
Sam got to go with me to the doctor's this week!  We were excited to get to hear the baby's heartbeat... Which we didn't end up getting to do, lol.  The baby was low in my uterus and turned around the wrong way.  The doctor did a quick sonogram to be sure everything was good, and she said the baby was squirming around too much to get a specific rate.  Everything looked good, though, and she was happy. Sam said he thought that it would look more like a baby already, but since the baby was backwards it still pretty much looked like a blob.

The first thing I asked her was, "Why am I showing? Isn't it too early?"
She laughed at me... And said you're pregnant!  She explained that I am small person and that my uterus is tilted forward.  Between these two things I am showing early.  I probably won't grow too much for a while, but that's ok by me.  She did confirm that there is only ONE baby, so Sam has amended his prediction and just thinks there is just one girl. 

I am trying out a new prenatal at my doctor's request.  She wants me to begin building up my iron stores.  I had previously been taking the gummie kind.

My next appointment is in four weeks.  It will be another quick appointment, and in between 18-22 weeks we will get to do our anatomy and gender scan!  (It should be around Christmas time... what a wonderful Christmas present.)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have the VERY SAME SHIRT Sam is wearing, bahaha!

    Also Baby Lime is a cute nick name.... ;)

    PS. Had to delete and repost bc of a typo. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts