Pregnancy: 22 Weeks ... Almost Happy New Year!



How far along? 22 Weeks 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss:Christmas Week and a Pregnant Gal... hmm I am thinking I may have gained a little this week. Haha!  Hopefully I wasn't too bad. Also, one whole pound on the scale is the BABY hahaha! 
Maternity clothes?  Yes! And I have now taken to stealing Sam's clothes. :) His button downs are just so comfy
Stretch marks? Nope!  Still exfoliating in the shower, drinking a ton of water, using vitamin E oil, and shea/cocoa butter lotion by Johnson & Johnson.  My mom never had any, so I hope that I am one of those lucky people. 
Sleep: Actually having a good night of sleeping.  I think the being off work helps!  I get to sleep in (mostly this means about 7:30, but I did so great today and slept in until 9... woohoo)
Best moment(s) this week: Seeing my moose man on the sonogram! Hands down best moment EVER. This was my best Birthday yet!  Christmas was awesome, too.  We are incredibly blessed. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? I miss being able to go until I literally was asleep on my feet.  I just cannot let myself do that right now.  I constantly want to be up doing something, but I am being mindful that there is a whole other person counting on me to be careful with myself! 
Movement:  Yes! Moose doesn't like it when I get hungry.  He gets antsy.  He also enjoys soda!  (Nobody worry... we only have one a day sometimes, and after Tuesday, New Years, we are saying bye bye to even that!) 
Food cravings: Nothing too crazy this week... but that's probably because I have gotten everything I want all week.  Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday! Mom made me grandpa's chili. Alan made me chicken fried steak - MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Praise the Lord! Not this last one... hoping for a continued good grace on this one.
Have you started to show yet: Yep! Nobody is questioning whether or not I'm pregnant.
Gender: Little Moose Man. It's a Boy! We are narrowing down a name, but we are keeping our choices close to heart.  People have so many comments.  It can be a little painful to hear what people think for an already emotional lady.  We will keep you all posted. 
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? in... hoping for it to stay this way. 18 weeks to go.
Wedding rings on or off? on and still loose... I haven't swelled anywhere else.  I'm going to be positive and suggest maybe I won't swell too much!
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I am an ear to ear grin kind of gal!  I do, however, not like to be hungry or tired. 
Weekly Wisdom: Don't be uncomfortable!  There is enough going on in life and your body.  (If say a pair of jeans or a sweater looks cute but feels awful; just don't wear it!  You will have time later on to rock those clothes.) 
Looking forward to: I CANNOT wait to put together this little dude's room.  I have already picked a color scheme (Brown & White) and a theme (Moose).  If you want to see the design board I put together check out this other post

Sam and I are also pleased to announce that we are buying a house! Right in the middle of Christmas and baby, but it has to be done.  We are extremely nervous as first time home buyers, but we found a great spot that is a little closer to family.  It's a bit bigger than we thought we would be able to afford.  It was priced to sell because it is in need of some TLC, but it is nothing too crazy.  We have had the place inspected and are waiting out our option period.  Please pray that everything goes smoothly for us during this whole process.

We are looking forward to celebrating the beginning of another year.  2013 will be full of NEW.  I have been working on my resolutions.  I can I just say that making New Year's Resolutions while pregnant is very hard to do.  I don't know what to expect at all in the next year... Hope your and yours stay safe celebrating the new year!  Happy Holidays from the Riley family!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts