Moose: 5 Months


How Big?: Mooseroo is a big boy! He is at least 17 pounds, and it's pretty much impossible to get him still long enough to see how tall he is. He will get checked again at his 6 month doctors appointment.
Clothing Size?: Baby clothes are crazy. They have sizes on them, but the sizes are not very standard from what I can tell. Sometimes he fits into 3 month clothes. Other things have to be 12 months.  His socks have to be at least 12 months... my big footed boy!
What/When is he eating?: Woohoo!! This is the biggest Milestone of the month. Baby Moose started rice cereal (at the doctor's direction). He eats it once or twice a day, and I'm still a pumping momma. He gets breast milk (approximately 35 ounces a day... crazy hungry baby!) Today for the very first time Moose ate peas. He loved them!! Starting solids is an adventure in and of itself.  I am working on a post about it, so stay tuned. Read about Moose's first foods here.
Sleep?: We are some highly blessed parents! Our son is not a huge napper, but little man sleeps through the night pretty consistently.
Movement?:  We are very soon to have a crawler on our hands.  Moose scoots around, rolls all over, and never wants to just lay down anymore.
Milestones?: First food. First Football game. First time wearing pants. First time roaring!!!! It's one of my favorite things he does... Grrrrr.
Hardest Moment(s) of the Month: This month has been very full.  Starting back to school has been very very tough! Having to leave our little guy each day, and momma having to be gone with football is hard!!!!
Best Moment(s) of the Month: Every single day is a blessing. I cannot even explain how many awesome moments we get with this guy. I have loved him coming to football games. I love watching him figure new things out. Just yesterday I watched him grab onto his Daddy's full glass. I know it means we are in for all the grabbing, but it's truly awesome to see him growing.
Looking Forward to: I know it's a double edged sword, but I am looking forward to a crawling little moose! I also know how much fun we are going to have this holiday season!!!!

Lots of love, 
The Rileys



Comments

Popular Posts