Teacher, Teacher

I flipped through all the pictures on my cell phone of this summer, and I can truly say it has been one of the best ones I've ever had!  Not only because we got married, but also because we had so so much fun.  Bridal Showers, Wedding Shopping, Running Races, honeymooning, starting a new job.... It has all been such a blast.  I married my best friend 48 days ago, and I didn't think much would change.  I was wrong, though!  I am so happy and full of life.  I feel like the pressures of so many things are gone.  I know we are excited to add to our family, but I no longer feel rushed or in a hurry.  Sam and I have our life ahead of us.  This year has already been filled with so many memories.  I cannot even imagine how much richer it will be at the close of another four months.

Starting a new school year is always exciting and nerve-wracking.  I am praying that this year is smooth sailing.  As the JV Cheer Coach, I know there will be many busy nights, but I also think that I have such a cool opportunity to get to know some great kids.  I hope that I am able to really make a difference in my students lives and that maybe I can awaken a passion to write and read in some of them.  We begin the year with short stories and research, which are my two least favorite things.  Third six weeks should be a blast.  I hope that my students will enjoy Shakespeare.  (At least some of them!) Rah! Rah! Rah!  I will be positive and proactive about this year.  It's so fun that I get to work down the hall from my husband... who is completely goofy.  I just pray that I will have the strength to handle Monday with grace and integrity, while still showing my students that I mean business. What a challenge!

Monday really marks the end of the vacation and the returning back to work.  The summer seemed so long and wonderful, but now I am so very ready for my season.  The cool smell of Autumn!!!! There is so much to look forward to.  Football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas... and so many other things in between.  I never expected that I would be such a happy person, but I am thankful to God everyday for blessing me with such an incredible life.

Comments

Popular Posts