Well, It's Time for 2023

As we say goodbye to 2022 and welcome in the new year, I have been reflecting on the word that I want to focus on for 2023. After much contemplation and prayer, I feel God-called to the word "well."


As a Christian, the story of the woman at the well in the Bible has always resonated with me. In the story, Jesus encounters a woman who has come to draw water from the well and he offers her living water, telling her that whoever drinks of it will never thirst again. I want to be a "well-watered" woman of God in 2023, continually seeking and drawing from the living water that only God can provide.

But what else does "well" mean? Well, it has several definitions and can be used in different parts of speech.

As an adjective, "well" means in good health, not feeling sick or unwell. It can also mean satisfactory or good, as in "I did well on the test."

As an adverb, "well" means in a good or proper manner. For example, "She sings well." It can also mean to a high degree or extent, as in "I am well aware of the situation."

As a noun, "well" refers to a hole dug in the ground to obtain water, oil, or other substances.

In the context of my personal goals for 2023, I want to focus on doing things "well." Rather than just going through the motions or trying to check items off a list, I want to put my full effort and attention into everything I do. For me, it's about quality over quantity. I want to strive to do things to the best of my ability and make sure they are done in a deep and fulfilling manner.

In 2022, I logged over one thousand miles of running and while I am extremely proud of that accomplishment, at times it became more about the quantity of the miles and less about the journey of running itself. In 2023, I want to make sure I am taking care of my body and mind in a well-balanced way. I also want to create a more well-rounded fitness routine, rather than just focusing on one type of exercise. I want to eat "well" in 2023. This means making healthier food choices and being more mindful of my overall nutrition. I want to parent well


As a parent, one of my main priorities is to raise my two boys to be kind, compassionate, and responsible adults. In 2023, I want to focus on parenting "well" and being the best mom I can be. This means being present and attentive, setting clear boundaries and expectations, and being a good role model for my children. I also want to make sure I am taking care of myself, so I can be a well-rounded and well-functioning parent.

In my relationships with others, I want to strive to be a well-spoken friend and a good wife to my husband. This means being a good listener, being respectful and supportive, and being able to communicate effectively. I want to focus on building strong and healthy relationships, rather than just going through the motions.

Overall, my goal for 2023 is to focus on wellness and digging deep into the "well" of my own personal growth and development. This means taking care of my physical, mental, and spiritual health and making sure I am fully present and engaged in all areas of my life. I want to do things "well" and make sure that I am living to the best of my ability.

I hope that as we enter 2023, we can all strive to do things "well" in our personal and professional lives. Whether it's a big project at work or a small task at home, let's put in the effort to do it to the best of our ability. Here's to a happy, healthy, and well-rounded new year!

Comments

Popular Posts