Pregnancy: 37 Weeks ... Full Term



How far along? 37 Weeks 2 days ... Full Term! What the heck.  Today is 19 days until his due date! He will for sure be here in 26 days.  It's almost GO time!
Total weight gain/loss: Okay let's face it... I don't get on the scale anymore. I just don't want to know.  I also no longer care.  My guess at this point is in the 50 pound range, but who knows.  I was a rail to begin with and now I'm not.  What I am geared up for is to see what I weigh a week after he's born! Bam, let's prepare for that instead :)
Maternity clothes?  HAHA! I am on outfit repeat for work, but it's Texas and getting HOT... I managed to find the stretchiest tank top ever in my closet, so that I don't sweat through my other maternity shirts. (Which are too small really now anyways)
Stretch Marks? I am vein-y as all get out.  It's almost as if I have see through skin, but still the belly lacks any purple, red, or white marks.  And even my line thing (the linea nigra) isn't super dark. 
Sleep: I don't sleep much these days.  It's impossible to get into a comfortable position, plus I have just been having weird insomnia. 
Best moment(s) this week: The wonderful teachers at work through us a shower this week.  I think Moose is going to be one swell dressed little dude!  Sam and I also made it a priority to have a date this weekend.  We know that once this baby comes, life as we knew it is gone.  We went to eat Friday night, just the two of us.  Yesterday, we took a drive down memory lane.  Driving around the city we grew up in and reminiscing.  Those moments are what life is all about! 
Miss Anything? I miss lots of things. Shoes for one. I wear only flip flops right now.  I miss sleep.  I miss laying on my belly.  I miss wearing jeans. Don't take the little things for granted :)
Movement: Big alien movement. Crazy Moose man!
Food cravings: This week not so much.  Sometimes I am ravenous, but other times not so hungry anymore.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the heartburn from Hades! 
Gender:Moose Boy!
Labor Signs: Still less than 1 cm dilated.  I have a burst of energy.  No contractions though.  Mere hours after posting this my body decided it was time to FREAK me out.  I had about 2 hours of consistent contractions, and then... nothing. Who knows.... I guess I will just keep nesting.  Doctor said no change... He's still not dropped, and my body isn't all prepped for labor.  This could change at any point, but I will see what she says next week. 
Symptoms:  Heartburn!!!!! Back pain, swelling, retaining water, discomfort... a million other things I am sure.
Belly Button in or out? It's gone. It's just another flat part of my belly.
Wedding rings on or off? Off :(
Happy or Moody most of the time? Still a rollllller coaster ride of emotion.
Looking forward to: Meeting the Moose... I cannot believe that he can just come anytime now.  I want to know what color hair the kid has!

Everyone asks, "are you just so ready to get the baby out?"  I never did understand how women could say things like get this thing out of me... But now, actually being pregnant, I am a lot more understanding.  I am more uncomfortable than I've ever been.  My body is totally not my own.  I wouldn't say that I am completely ready for him to out, but I will definitely not complain when it's time for him to come.

If he makes it until 39 weeks, I won't have to go back to work before school gets out.  That would be really great.  Another two weeks, also seems completely insane.  I do this several times a day.  I count it out. I try to guess his birthday.  I look at all my symptoms and wonder if I'm suddenly closer with every little thing.  Then, I remember it's out of my control. And I give it to God.  He knows best when this baby will and should come.  I do know that... but then I start all over, and I still give it back to God each time.  Now, if I could just get my brain to chill out!!!! :)

Lots of Love,
The Rileys

Comments

Popular Posts