Bo: The Big ONE



Hooray! Hooray Bo is one year old. We celebrated with family and friends at our house. This is the first celebration we have hosted since moving into this new place last spring. I thought, "smaller house... Might not work as well as parties in the past have." I was SO wrong. I felt about a thousand times more comfortable today than I did at Moose's first birthday party. Now granted, I've lived, learned, and put a few tricks in my pocket in the last 18 months. I'm no longer a rookie mom. I am officially experienced. Weird stuff - not like I'm an expert, but still I feel a bit more confident these days.
Bo's first year:
He has grown so much since he was first born. At one, he is approximately 20 pounds and 30 inches. He started walking at 11 months, and he is babbling like a fool. He will say, "mamamamaam," but he's not very consistent. 
He loves to rough house and wrestle, and it's his favorite to tackle his big brother. I am so happy with his positive spirit. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for this handsome little dude! 
He is in size 2T tops and 18 month bottoms, 3T pjs (if they are carters... a 2T in most other brands). He is in a size 4 diaper and wears Huggies. He eats anything and everything just about (though ask his Ga, and she will tell you he demands watermelon with fervor.) He is transitioning to whole milk, but he officially made it an entire year on breastmilk (go team!). And this momma needs to start attempting to wean the kid from the bottle - one thing at a time.  



I didn't spend months on Pinterest pre-party. I didn't stress over making food myself. I didn't worry about having a perfect house. (Okay, truth I did get on Pinterest, but not obsessively and not for months and hours on end.) And guess what? We had a perfectly wonderful one year old birthday party today. 

We did the party in the morning - optimal pre-nap happy baby time, and we had donuts, fruit, pigs-in-blankets, juice, milk, and cake. I had simple decor. (Thanks Em for the teepee borrow.) One of the things I had the most fun with was the toy bow and arrows I bought online on a whim. We played with those for a while after everyone left. 

I was so pleased with how Bo and Moose both behaved. I think having it in the morning helped with that a ton. Bo took his time with his cake, but he eventually destroyed it. He has such a vivacious attitude about most things; I thought he would demolish it. Instead, he showed a bit more reserve and relished the sweets. Maybe that is a good sign for my sweet baby tornado. 

Bo got so many toys and a lot of balls. I found myself wondering if the gift givers were disappointed that he got so many balls. He loves each and every one so much. As soon as he woke from his afternoon nap, he threw all of them into the hall and chased and threw and chased and threw them over and over. He was so delighted to have so many. I swear it. He, for real, really loves balls. < -- Does that sound terrible. Poor kid is going to read this at 12, and say, "Mom! How could you have posted that?" Oh well kiddo.

Bo is a live-wire of a boy. He is determined (not stubborn) and doesn't take no for an answer. ;) I pray that one day these qualities help him in his chosen path. He loves to climb and investigate. He is my curious little dude. He loves to play in the dog water and eat whatever happens to be on the floor. 




So big. Too big. Love you kid. 




Comments

Popular Posts