Pregnancy: 16 Weeks & Old Wives' Tales about Gender

 Guest Chalkboard Art & Photography this week By Rebekah :)


How far along? 16 Weeks 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: 5 Pounds.. if I have gained anymore I won't know until the next time I see the doctor!  The holiday season has officially begun.  I am not getting on the scale :)
Maternity clothes? Yes, rocking another Target maternity shirt in this week's pic
Stretch marks? Nope, thank goodness
Sleep: I sleep like a teeter totter.... one side to the other
Best moment(s) this week:  Finishing the week off and knowing I don't have to go to work on Monday or Tuesday and so on....
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? Eating spaghetti and not getting sick  
Movement:  Flutters!
Food cravings: Nothing sounds good :(  I want something to sound good again!
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: Boy... and all the old wives' tales we have read and seen (see below)
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? innie
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Been in a little happier mood lately, not quite so moody as of late
Weekly Wisdom: Even if you think it's over... take a plastic sack with you everywhere!
Looking forward to: This week off and eating turkey with family, and Black Friday shopping with my mom for Christmas presents. 


Old Wives' Tales Gender Prediction

These are the most common Old Wives' Tales I could find about predicting the sex of the baby.  I went through them to determine what they said we were having.... (The italics is the side that I have landed on so far in the pregnancy.) 
Morning Sickness - If you have it, you are having a girl.
Carrying High vs Low - If you are carrying low, you are having a boy.
Acne - If you have acne, you are having a girl.
Food Cravings Salty vs Sweet - If you crave salty, you are having a boy. If you crave sweet, you are having a girl. (This one is a tie for me.)
Baby's Heartbeat over 140? - If the baby's heartbeat is under 140, you are having a boy.
Ancient Chinese Predictor - According to the Ancient Chinese, we are having a boy. 
The Drano Test - My husband will not allow me near dangerous chemicals to attempt this test, so we will just have to let this one be a mystery!

It's a dead heat.... Guess until we know the verdict of the Drano test (OR until December 28th) it will just be a tie. Haha 

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving with your families! Lots of love, The Rileys 

Comments

Popular Posts