Pregnancy: 16 Weeks



I missed my 15 week post because I was in bed.. for an entire week! I knew I was getting sick the Friday before last, but I didn't think it was too big of a deal. I was throwing up, but that is pretty normal for me so I thought no big deal.  Saturday morning, I woke up achy all over! I was so ticked off at Sam. He had been complaining that his back hurt because of our bed (we have a nice squishy pillow-top mattress with two big human size divots in it), so he decided that we needed to turn the mattress on Friday night. I thought I was hurting because of the mattress, but I wasn't sure and didn't want to take a chance. 

I called ahead to the local urgent care but got an answering machine, so I left my name and number and waited not so patiently to be called in. After an hour - nothing, so I, at this point, was beginning to feel pitiful. I decided that I couldn't wait I turned to Google and found another urgent care, literally around the corner from the house. I drove straight there and was seen pretty quickly. They did a strep test, but it was negative so they ran a flu test. At this point the flu hadn't even crossed my mind... it's nearly May, after-all! As a I sat and waited for the results, I began to get dizzy and more and more nauseous.  I sat there trying to be a big girl, telling myself, "I'm an adult. I can't throw up on the floor." Finally, I got up to reach for the door to ask for a bucket of some kind, but just as I did the doctor was there. She looked at me puzzled. I told her I felt like I might pass out, and that's how she told me I had the flu. She said, "Why don't you lay down? You have the flu."

I spent all of Saturday in bed fighting nausea and fever. And Sunday the same. But finally Sunday evening my fever skyrocketed to a 103, and I knew I was in rough shape. Sam took me into to the ER, and they dripped three bags of IV and gave me three rounds of zofran (to stop the throwing up).  Finally, I was hydrated and could sleep. I stayed off work the rest of the week and stayed in bed until Friday. 
Honestly, I'm still not 100%, but I am back to the land of the living, and so so grateful to not be that sick.  
I went to my OB in the midst of all this because I was terrified that something would happen to the baby.  I got a sonogram, and we are so thankful that the baby is still looking good! 


How far along? 16 Weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: Lost about 5 to 8 pounds at this point
Maternity clothes? Nope... I thought I was going to need them, but with the latest weight loss I have no need yet of maternity clothes. 
Stretch Marks? Nothing new
Sleep: I could sleep for days. 
Best moment(s) this week: Eating an actual full meal and not throwing it up! Whoop... It's the little things. 
Miss Anything? I miss feeling like a normal person. I don't even know what that means anymore. 
Movement: I think I have been too distracted to notice.
Food cravings: In the last day or so I cannot get the idea of a Monte Cristo sandwich out of my brain. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Random things, nothing, everything. 
Gender: According to the doctor's sonogram, baby is most likely a girl... But I don't want to start getting too excited or plan until after my anatomy scan in three weeks. 
Labor Signs: Not yet 
Symptoms:  Who knows what are leftover flu symptoms and what are baby symptoms, but I would be happy to quit THROWING UP. EWWW
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? I'm pretty moody, but that's because I still don't feel super. 
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to being able to enjoy this pregnancy, instead of being so sick all the time. 

Comments

Popular Posts