Moose: Moose almost is Turning 2

Can you believe it? My little love is almost two years old! He has learned to make the sign for two with his fingers, and he loves to hold it up and say "two." Then he proceeds in asking everyone present to sign two. "Two Momma, Two Daddy, Two Ga." And heaven help you, if you choose to ignore a request from little mister.  
Things change (obviously) when you have a second kid, but one of the biggest things has kicked me squarely off of my high horse. My son LOVES Cars. But wait- how can a kid love a movie, unless he's been allowed to watch it on repeat? Yeah, I became that Mom: that I-used-to-judge-you-for-letting-your-kid-watch-tv-and-now-I-know-every-one-of-Mater's-lines Mom. It's a reality check, when you have a second little person to care for, and the oldest gets sick and it snows for a week and nobody's sleeping through the night. Go ahead, judge me. I am surviving at this point, and I feel like total crap for ever saying boo about anyone else's parenting choices. (This is why your parents always seem so wise... They've had a lot of opportunity to screw it all up, and by the time you can start to remember things ... and I hope this is true for us... they have it somewhat together.) Okay, enough of my soapbox/rant. 

Moose is turning 2. I am so beyond blessed to have this little turkey in my life. He has grown up so much in the last year. Things have changed so much in our house in the last year.

Last year at this time: We just found out I was pregnant. Moose was just getting to be a good walker. He was saying "yeah, yeah, yeah:." He was wearing 18 month clothes. He was loving some grapes. He wasn't having anything to do with his birthday cake. He was afraid of the swimming pool. He didn't really play independently. 

Now: We have a beautiful little brother for Moose. Moose can climb up the stairs, down the stairs, go in and out of his room all of his own free will and volition. He says all kinds of things and is quite the little parrot. "Now Dodger!" He repeated just last night, complete with thigh smacking frustrated clapping. He is wearing anything from 2T to 4T depending on the brand. He really only wants to eat cookies (again, freely judge me...). We are hopeful that he will swim this year, and sometimes he is so independent that he will pick up your hand and pull you out of the room. 

With his birthday right around the corner, people have begun asking what does he want for his birthday. Again let me say, he NEEDS nothing, but I know that he will like anything Cars. He hasn't seen Planes or the second one, but he would like to those movies.


How Big?: He is like 30 pounds and a giant. I really have no idea how tall he is, but he seems huge. 
Clothing Size?: You know 2T, 3T, 4T... size 6 diapers? Confused, yeah me too! 
What/When is he eating?: Dude is so finicky! He likes to mostly eat ketchup - yes, clearly my child. He also wants a "bite" all the time, but he never wants to eat what you give him. UNTIL he wants to eat EVERYTHING you give him all at once, and in one breath. 
Sleep?: Well.... He's in his BIG BOY BED (I think that is new this month... honestly can't remember, so if it was last month, my bad.) He gets up whenever he wants. It makes the sleeping a whole new adventure for sure!  
Milestones?: Sleepinb in a big boy bed is a whole new world. He can also open doors. He should come with a WARNING label right now. "Cannot. Be. Contained."
Hardest Moment(s) of the Month: Moose got croup earlier in the month and just couldn't kick it! It was a week of sad sad little seal-barking-cough. 
Best Moment(s) of the Month: We have had such a blast this month. Road tripping it to San Antonio for the ballgame was awesome!!! 
Looking Forward to: Moose's birthday... I'm also a little terrified because he's getting too big! 

Comments

Popular Posts