Saying Yes




Yesterday morning my mom texted offering to cook dinner for us. Wednesdays are busy for us because the boys have Taekwondo after school. We, also, had been to a friends for dinner Monday night and had Life Group on Tuesday night, so my first instinct was to say no.

But then, I stopped and asked myself why? Why no? 

So I said yes. 

After their class, I didn’t rush home in chaos to cook dinner. I walked in the door to my mothers clean and warm house to a home cooked meal of chicken Alfredo with homemade sauce. We ate and chatted, and my boys got to see their Ga. I didn’t do dishes - and we left and made the half mile drive with plenty of time for showers and bedtime. 

Honestly, it was magical. 

Sometimes my default no is keeping me from something good, something better, something magical. This is the wisdom God illuminated for me in my own heart and mind this week. I know I won’t always just say yes now, but hopefully, I can work on saving my No for the times it’s actually the right choice.


Comments

Popular Posts