This Weekend, nothing special - but it’s all special



This weekend was nothing “special.” There was no holiday or celebration. There was no big to do or shenanigans, but I think sometimes that’s what makes the weekend so special. The wide open calendar and the time to do whatever the day calls for. 

It was super cold on Saturday morning, so I got my long run in on Friday night. I ran 8 miles and started an audiobook (a suspense). This let us all sleep in on Saturday morning, and I let Sam get a few extra “zzz’s” and snuck in reading the end of that book Saturday morning. 

I am so proud of Sam in his eating challenge, but he’s been hankering for this “compliant” to his program pizza at MODPizza. We took my mom and all went - yummmmy!! We went into Buff City Soap and Half Price, and the boys went home after with my mom. I took a walk in the sunshine, and Sam and I watched the first two episodes of  “How I Met Your Father” and played Rummikub. I think that it might be our game - we really enjoy playing.



Today, we served at church this morning, and we got to enjoy a sermon that was fire! Today’s service was about Consistency. (Totally on brand for our life and also Sam’s word of the year.) While Sam was helping take down from Baptisms, I cleaned out the freezers and my car. It feels so good to enjoy some chill but also to get things done. 


Comments

Popular Posts