Moose: 2 Weeks Old

How Big?: 7 lbs 8 oz & 20.75 in (He's already grown so much! See his one week picture in this post.)
Clothing Size?: He fits into the NB stuff... I think that we are quickly on our way to 0-3! 
What/When is he eating?: Breastmilk.  We aren't on a schedule yet, so he is still eating every 2-3 hours.  At night he can occasionally go 4 hours in between feeds.  There are some times when he wants to eat sooner than 2 hours, but I think I'm getting better at making sure he's really done before we stop. 
Sleep?: Good nights, Bad nights... Moose had a really gassy night and didn't sleep much, but thankfully that isn't an every night thing. He is a  bit confused about day and night because we have a playtime pretty consistently at 3:00AM.   
Movement?: He is trying to pick his head up already.  He doesn't have any control of it yet, but he is for sure trying. He loves to move and shake! His feet kick like crazy!!!!  
Milestones?: First time out of the house besides the doctor.  First time changing diaper sizes (we are trying the 1's because big man keeps leaking pee on us. First bath in the the baby bath tub.  He does not like to be naked... so bathes are definitely an adventure.
Hardest Moment(s) of the Week: For Daddy, it was going back to work! The night that he had gas that we couldn't help was pretty tough.  For me I think it has been the trying to be active and trying to rest...it's confusing!
Best Moment(s) of the Week: Dancing around the house with Moose in my arms while we waited for Sam to come home on Monday was awesome.  I also love that even though we aren't on a schedule, we have started to get into a bit of a routine.

He is such a good baby! I couldn't be more happy with him.  I plan to do a postpartum post on how my own recovery is going sometime this week, so be prepared for an honest look at a very challenging time for me.

Comments

Popular Posts