Pregnancy: 12 Weeks


How far along? 12 Weeks 
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't gained anything, yet. According to the doctor's scale, I am at 123. It's better to own the weight this time and to know that it really is temporary. I sort of want to laugh at how concerned I was the first time. It's important to keep an eye and not go crazy, but you also have to take care of yourself and the growing baby. I hope to stay more active this pregnancy, and once I'm through this trimester I want to start swimming at the gym, again! 
Maternity clothes? I have worn a few things just because they are comfy, and I don't feel like a weirdo wearing my maternity clothes since I am pregnant again. However, I do not need them, yet. 
Stretch Marks? I will report on this as time goes on. 
Sleep: I need more and more and more. 
Best moment(s) this week: Watching my little dude take his first step. Proud Momma moment!! 
Miss Anything? I miss when people didn't assume that my foul mood was because I am pregnant... sometimes there are other things (dear students) that make me a little cranky. 
Movement: Baby cricket occasionally does a little flutter jump, but as bambino gets bigger I am certain I will have more and more to report. 
Food cravings: I am pleased to report that I officially have a food craving! Flour tortillas dipped in queso and hot sauce from Mexican Inn. That is all I desire to eat? 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Anything that is not the above mentioned food. 
Gender: I guess it's time to start guessing. Doctor guesses girl because baby's heartbeat is 180s! Wowza. I am still going to go with a gut here. (50/50 chance of being right...) I think it is a bouncing baby boy, again. 
Labor Signs: Later
Symptoms:  Hello Hyperemesis Gravidarum... I had a rough, rough patch last week, and I couldn't keep anything down. I went into the doctor and was given a few options. Thankfully, the max dose of zofran dissolvable seems to keep food and water in me! Woohoo! I have a nasty headache and am exhausted. I still get pretty nauseous, but just not throwing up all the time is so much better. I am trying to rest and make it through, and we are praying that with the second trimester comes relief for us all! 
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? sleepy
Looking forward to: The first time I was so crazy with anticipation it was hard to know what to look forward to, but now, I look forward to so many little things. I can't wait to hold and meet this baby, to see his or her personality form. I love imagining what he or she will look like. Perspective is such a funny thing! 

Comments

Popular Posts