Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pregnancy: 19 Weeks #2 - Boy or Girl?

 



The Tale of the Riley Boys 
About a month ago, I had the flu. I had it BAD. I mean bad, bad, bad. Throwing up, fever, dehydrated... the works. We had to get fluids, and my doctor did a sonogram to check on little baby. She asked, "Do you want to know boy or girl?" We nodded, not knowing that she would look that day. (I was still trying to breathe and not choke on my own coughing fits.) 

She looked and with almost certainty gave us a grin. She asked one of the sono techs to come in a second her thoughts. GIRL she told us. It's 95% sure! We all laughed. I felt an anxious swell. We would start over, but this could be fun. She told us not to take the tags off anything because, "penises have a way of showing up!" Again, we all laughed, and we went on our way. Sam fully expected me to go crazy buying bows and dresses, and yet, I didn't. I made nursery plans, only to have them foiled by a steal of a deal on a crib. I attempted new nursery plans, but I still didn't buy a single bow. 

We had our anatomy scan on Thursday, and my mom, Moose, Sam, and I were all prepared to see baby, but not expecting anything exciting. In fact my mom asked if we really wanted her there, my response was "if it turns out to be a boy, you'll want to be!" Mother's Intuition...  We went into the room and told the sono tech the doctor had looked 95% chance girl, and she quickly looked and agreed GIRL. she said. Anti-climatic, we enjoyed seeing little fingers and toes of the sleeping baby. Moose watched the screen uncertain of what they were doing to Mommy. Until, the sonogram wand woke the baby. Baby began to make the sono tech's job much harder. Flipping and rolling, tossing and kicking, baby was going crazy... and then there was a view - an underside, catcher's squat that we were familiar with from bouncing baby #1. "Oh, Oh, that's not a girl!" were the words from the gal. She pointed, "see that's the cord, and that, that is a penis." 

Sam whooped in the corner and tears of joy streamed down my cheeks. Another boy! We are THRILLED. "Thank god for another boy!" Who knew we would be so excited? Well, I'm sure God did, but he has a funny sense of humor for us it seems! If there is a 95% chance of something, you can count on the Riley's to catch the 5%. Put away the bows, the frills, and the dresses y'all. It's time for a baseball baby's room, and all the messy stained clothes I can wash! 


How far along? 19 Weeks 2 days (in the gray shirt yesterday) 
Total weight gain/loss: According to the doctor's scale I weigh 126 (which means my at home scale tells me 124) - though I really had to pee when the weighed me at the doctor's LOL... Sorry, TMI! I am officially back to right around where I was pre-pregnancy. I typically stayed around the 125 mark on our scale... With the flu I dipped down (with severe hydration and no food) to 116. I am pleased to be done with the throw up stage and all of that.  I am calling this officially a 1 pound gain, so here we go. Maybe we won't hit 70 pounds this time! 
Maternity clothes? Officially in maternity jeans, and some maternity tops. With the way I am carrying this baby, shirts that would have fit me last pregnancy flare out open at the end. I HATE that. I really need a few more maternity tees. so don't be surprised if my picture keeps on being in the same clothes lol (or long sleeves when its 80+ degrees outside)! 
Stretch Marks? Eh, I'm so less worried about this than I was with baby number 1. I have some stretch marks. I'll probably get some more. I still exfoliate. I rarely Vitamin E, and I forget to put on lotion. I do drink a ton of water! 
Sleep: And so begins the struggle, lol. Belly popped and now I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle all night! 
Best moment(s) this week: This weekend, lol! We have gotten to the point in the school year where the children and the teachers all just want to be done, so school is a bit less enjoyable than it was before all the whining.  I am quite happy to hang out at home with my husband, son, and dogs! We get to celebrate my mom's birthday this weekend, too. Good family time is always the best. 
Miss Anything? I miss not forgetting things every 5 seconds. My pregnancy brain and pregnancy tears are back with a vengeance this week. 
Movement: They are still very subtle, but we are getting there.
Food cravings: Just food in general, but less specific things than with Moose. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Honestly, not really.... 
Gender: BOY again. You read the crazy story above! 
Labor Signs: Nope! Whew. 
Symptoms: Tears. Moods. SLEEPY.  
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On still loose. 
Happy or Moody most of the time? Yep just about all over the place 
Looking forward to: Summer is looming... Dun dun dun. I can smell it. Also, really looking forward to swimming with baby boy on the next warm day again! 

A few Mother's Day pictures too! 









2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Autumn!

    I came across one of your blog posts about your pregnancy and wanted to reach out to you. We are casting a new TV series about unexpected pregnancies and I thought you may be interested. The show is for a national cable network and will chronicle the challenges and triumphs of families or women who are experiencing unplanned pregnancies.

    If you, or someone you know, is a good fit for this series, please reach out to us or pass along our contact info!

    If you have zero interest in writing me back, please just disregard this message. If you'd like to know more, please email me at unplannedpregnancytv@gmail.com

    I wish you tons of luck with your pregnancy and I hope to hear from you soon!

    Best,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete