Moose: 14 Months going on 4


How Big?:  He is a big kid! 14 months as of June 26th... I cannot believe that he is already 31+" and 24+lbs.  
Clothing Size?: I love the way the 2T shirts are fitting him right now. I won't buy any pjs that are 2T, though. I am only picking up 3T because he is constantly growing. 2T shorts are still a little bit long on him. I guess he is still rocking that tall torso and short legs. GIANT FEET... I bought him size 8 nikes because I didn't want to have to buy shoes every 10 minutes, but honestly, they pretty much fit already. He could fit a 7 and maybe a few bigger 6s depending. 
What/When is he eating?: Moose is a grazer. He will sit still to eat a little bit, then he wants to snack all day. Pasta is a favorite. Meat is a NO go. Grapes, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, and pineapples are pretty much the top of the list. He is working on feeding himself with a spoon, which basically, turns into him dumping yogurt on his face, but he loves it, so whatever! 
Movement?: Crazy man is running, now. He is climbing on the bed, the stairs, and every chair he can find. 
Milestones?: Oh so many! He kissed me for the first time. Sam was on his way out the door, and he had Moose in his arms. Sam leaned in and kissed me goodbye. Moose mimicked Sam and leaned right in and kissed me, too. MELT MY HEART! He is in this stage of mimick. He tries to do things that we do or that he sees others do. The words are coming faster and more pronounced now. I swear to goodness he said Bunny the other day.  
Hardest Moment(s) of the Month: Moose is a stubborn little creature. It is is tough to see him as a baby and a big boy all at the same time. I had to discipline Moose this month.  It's becoming more common. I debate back and forth how we are going to discipline our son, but ultimately we have to do what we think is best for him. He keeps standing in the dining room chairs, and I can just see him falling off and cracking his head. I am trying to teach him about sitting, so earlier in the month we worked on it. He now 100% knows what sit down means. He was being a real stinker and kept standing. I told him, "no" and sat him down. I did this 3 times, and made him look at me. He fussed a little and I thought the stern words were plenty... until he smirked at me and stood up again. Oh man, oh man. I gave his little fanny a small swot. He cried, but he sat down. The expression "this hurts me, more than it hurts you" suddenly means so much! The whole discipline thing is for sure the hardest thing of the month, and I am thinking it will be for some time. It's all about finding what works for your kiddo, and I don't know what is going to work but we will keep praying for guidance and doing our best. 
Best Moment(s) of the Month: There are so many things that we have enjoyed lately. I love taking him to the park. He wants to swing for like 20 minutes every time we are there. He is still pretty terrified of the water, so the splash park is always interesting. He and I have gone to all kinds of stores, and I love letting him run down the aisles. We are practicing not pulling on tags and leaving cans on the shelves! 
Looking Forward to: The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! I am also looking forward to Sam and I's wedding anniversary! I am praying we get to have a date night to celebrate.  

Comments

Popular Posts