Our Life: Throwback Thursday: July 2012 - The Honeymooners


As the weather has gotten a bit warmer this week, I have been thinking how nice it would be to be out on the beach with nothing to do and no where to be.  The blog has been very full of my wonderful son (who I adore), but in honor of Throwback Thursday I thought that I might reminisce on the very best vacation of my life... Our Honeymoon.

Sam and I didn't know what we would do for a Honeymoon, and in a last minute decision we chose to use a travel agent.  It turned out to be a great choice.  We ended up barely getting Sam a passport in time to go (STRESSFUL)!  I was a bride-to-be wreck about that until it was in hand.  Finally though, all the arrangements had been made.  We chose to wait a couple of days after the wedding before flying out, so we actually left the Tuesday after our wedding.  I highly suggest this!  We were able to finish getting the wedding picked up and got a good night's sleep before flying out.  It also helped me not feel rushed.  (And as God would have it, I actually had a fluke job interview the Monday before we left in a pair of Nike shorts.  That is how I ended up teaching sophomores at the same school as my husband this year. Praise the Lord's timing!!!) 

Anyways, we stayed at the beautiful Excellence resort in Playa Mujeres.  It was gorgeous.  I still close my eyes and dream of this trip.  Our room was incredible.









The pools were clean and warm.  There was plenty of seating and tons of wait staff ready to provide you anything you wanted.  (Go all inclusive at least once in your life.)





There were tons of different restaurants (and they didn't need reservations...) We goofed off and looked good. See Sam - strong like bull!




I read the first 8 books in the Southern Vampire Chronicles series while we were gone (aka Sookie Stackhouse). 



We managed a sunrise run on the beach!! Once... lol.


Mostly, we just hung out! Occasionally planking. :)




I tried Lobster for the very first time! (Not my thing.)




I can close my eyes now and smell the beach.  I can feel the sunshine on my skin. I wonder if any trip will every live up to this one.  Our last baby-free trip.. we had no idea that it would be.  I am incredibly grateful for where this life has taken us, but it's nice to reflect on all the fun we have had as a couple.  (And super important to remember as we muddle through sleepless newborn nights...)

Moose's weekly post is coming up soon. Can't believe he's already 6 weeks, but then again I can't believe it's almost been a year since we Honeymooned.  Hope you all have wonderful summer trips on the horizon. :)

Lots of Love!

Comments

Popular Posts