Bo: 7 Weeks Nearly Turkey Time

How Big?: We go back to the doctor next for our two month visit, and we will see how much weight my little chunk has added. By my guess we will be adding some serious height along with weight because dude loves to eat. Clothing Size?: Bo is a big kid! Those 3 month jammies are tight on his toes, and I think they may be soon retired from the rotation. The 6 months are still long, but he is filling them up a bit more every night. I cannot even believe that he is flying through clothes Moose wore for so long. We are still cloth diapering strong... I love it so much. In hindsight, I almost wish we had done it with Moose, too. 
What/When is he eating?: We are still NURSING STRONG! I love that I am getting to breastfeed this boy so successfully (knock on wood!). Other than our little hiccup with mastitis, we are doing really well. He had a couple days of cluster feeding this week, and he LOVEs to eat! No surprise there. 
Sleep?: Ok this is the place where we are making the biggest attempt to get a routine going. We have been keeping him awake starting at about 6:30. We do a bath between 9 and 9:30, and we have had success keeping him asleep until 5 several mornings! He still wakes at 2 or 3 the other nights, so it's not totally consistent but we are working on it. 
Milestones?: Nothing epic this week. We are working on head control and tummy time, and Bo seems very strong! Maybe he will hold his head up or roll over soon. 
Movement?: Bo is kicking his feet and waving his hands like crazy! He has started to grab my hair (man they start that early), and he will head butt you unintentionally of course, lol. 
Hardest Moment(s) of the Week: When you just have one kiddo the ratio of parents to kids is in your advantage, 2:1. You've got the kid beat because there can be one person on and one off. When you bump it up to two kids, that ratio changes, and you're even, 2:2. OR when one person is off you are outnumbered! Two hands just isn't always enough. Who do you pick up when they're crying? Who can fuss longer? Which kid should get put in the car first? This two under two stuff is no joke. It's sometimes super intimidating to have them both alone because I don't feel like I'm at my best for anyone, but I know that this will get easier and easier. I already am so much better at it than I was a month ago! 
Best Moment(s) of the Week: The crew went up to visit Sam at school. Sam loved being able to show off the kids. 
Looking Forward to: We are beyond excited that the holiday season is here! Sam has a week off. The tree is being trimmed. Christmas shopping had begun. It's such an awesome season, and we have so much to be grateful for. Thanksgiving is awesome! 

Have a very happy blessed holiday!
Love 
The Riley Family 

Comments

Popular Posts