Moose: 11 Weeks

How Big?: According to Mommy's measurements, he is 13.5 pounds and 24 inches long! At his 2 month visit, he was 12.2 pounds and 23.5 inches. (50th percentile for weight and 80th percentile for height). He still has another two weeks before his 3 month appointment.
Clothing Size?: 6 months (but I'm getting all 9 month oneises because he is so long) & we are trying out size 2 diapers this week to see what we think! He is getting big big big
What/When is he eating?: Moose is drinking only breastmilk and eats about every three hours.  He drinks 4-6 ounces in a feeding and about 8 before bed.  I am almost exclusively pumping for him, which is both a convenience and an inconvenience all at the same time.  I miss our snuggles, but with everything being summer craziness this is what works for us. 
I have cut my pumping down to 6 times a day (from originally 8). I pump at 4, 7, 11, 2, 6, 10 
Sleep?:We put him down between 9 and 10, and he wakes up at 4am or 6am.  He has been sleeping in his bassinet on the pack n play in our room.  Tonight is the first time we are trying his crib! SCARY stuff for a first time momma!
Movement?: Oh me, oh my. There is no more putting him on the couch or changing table and walking away for a second.  This baby can shimmy and shake with the best of them.  He can hold his head up and is working hard to try to sit up on his own! He can sort of army crawl, too!
Milestones?: First time at church! We were finally ready to try to take Moose to church. (We have been itching to get back at it for weeks.) He was really good, but he wanted to be a bit chatty.
Hardest Moment(s) of the Week: I let myself get a little bit rundown and spent Saturday laid up because I had a touch of a summer cold.  Think the rest and fluids kicked it pretty quick because I woke up feeling much better.  Also, things can be a bit comical around here sometimes. With Sam and I and the baby, we now communicate a little bit differently!  We are definitely learning to AOM (adjust on the move.) 
Best Moment(s) of the Week: Celebrating our One Year Anniversary! Last Sunday was our first wedding anniversary! Cannot believe it's already come and gone.  We went to Shreveport for the night.  It was great getting away, but the first night away from the baby was tough! We also got to go see a movie this week, while my mom watched Moose.  We saw World War Z... I was scared. (yes, I am a wuss.) I read two books! (I love to read... if anyone has any good young adult book suggestions I am in the mood for a new read.) I read The Selection and The Elite. They are not terribly sophisticated books, but I quite enjoyed them anyways.  I am looking forward to reading the last one in the trilogy.  The books are basically the Bachelor meets Hunger Games.
Looking Forward to: Enjoying the last couple of weeks of my summer break. Cheerleading looms on the horizon, lol! I cannot wait to see my little boy continuing to recognize not just me, but all the other things around him.  I also, am ready to find a home church again.  We are going to try several in the area, but finding something like the invigorating church we were going to before will be tough.


Lots of Love,
The Rileys

Comments

Popular Posts