Pinterest: Going Glamping

In case you didn't know, I have a somewhat obsessive personality. I get hooked on these ideas, then I research them to death.  One year it was cake balls. I made all sorts. Sometimes it's ideas for teaching or my classroom... but within the last 24 hours my obsession has become glamping.

Glamping is a term for glamorous camping.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm not exactly the roughing it type, but I do love to travel.  Since we just had a baby, money is another obsession of mine.  I have been brainstorming how in the world we will ever be able to take vacations on two teachers salaries.  My late night Pinterest addiction has found me the answer: travel trailer! 

My parents had a camper for the deer lease, and my poor stepdad still lives part time in the camper for his out of town job. But I'm not talking about a camper that you run down to the RV shop and buy... I want to have the most adorable niche camper/travel trailer ever.  Who knows if this wandering idea will ever come to fruition, but I just had to share this amazing find.  This post is going to get a little linky... so enjoy this interwebs tour of refurbishing a vintage travel trailer!  

Or enjoy my ever-growing obsession on my pinterest board: Going Glamping
 
The Complete Vintage Travel Trailer Restoration Website


Pocket Full of Whimsy: Elsie | Inside!


From the Joy of Caking:
Tips for Buying a Vintage Camper that Needs Renovating, and the Chandelier





Wendy's 1959 Shasta Travel Trailer






































Think of all the fun you could have redoing one of these bad boys! Yes loads of work.. Yes probably a little out of my element, but after it's done you can go places!

Our dogs could go with us! We could see the country. We could cross off lots of baseball stadiums (our goal is to see a game in every major league stadium... we haven't made it very far as I am currently at a whopping 2.)

Glamping: Officially going on the 10 year plan! :)


Comments

Popular Posts