Moose: 18 months ... Tantrums Deluxe



How Big?:  We see the doctor next week for an official weigh in. I am certain that he is 30ish pounds, and I think at the doctor he might have to stand up for height! (So exciting) On Grandma'z scale the other day, he weighed 32 pounds.
Clothing Size?: Size 5 diapers, 3T pjs, 3T shirts, 2T pants (he really doesn't need more in this size...) I'm debating about coat size because idk how much bigger he is doing to get. As it's getting cold, I am realizing he still has tank tops, but not as many long sleeves. And weird clothing prob... 2T is too short torso wise, but 3T are a bit big in the sleeves. Hmmm... Idk which is better!
What/When is he eating?: Still my finicky eater - there are days when he eats and eats. Other days, he barely eats a thing! His favorites right now are pasta, guamole, & goldfish.
Movement?: He can walk upstairs like a big boy! And he is working on going down the stairs solo. He runs almost everywhere he goes and climbs just about anything he can. He is fast and a bit wreckless... A very dangerous combination.
Milestones?: Yes... Milestones at every turn! He recognizes airplanes, big trucks, and all different types of animals. He is increasingly more linguistic, and he is learning to navigate the rules of the world. We went to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time! Biggest Milestone of ever... MOOSE IS A BIG BROTHER! I'm sure you already know this from other posts, but it's the first time I can officially say it on Moose's post. 
Hardest Moment(s) of the Month: Moose and his major meltdowns have been a challenge to say the least. The word NO is being said more frequently around the Riley household these days. I absolutey hate the face he makes when he gets in trouble, but somehow he has to learn, "rocks are outside toys." The most difficult part (as per usual) isn't the fits themselves, but rather, the not knowing as an adult what he does and doesn't understand. He's only 1.5 years old, and I really can't tell sometimes what is too much. He knows so many things: shut the door, give this to the dogs, lay down, give me your feet, sit down... And he says so much: bite, more, help, airplane, doggies, no,... But here's my deal does he always actually understand when I say, "don't give that to the doggies." This whole learning to communicate business is hands down the toughest part. 
Best Moment(s) of the Month: We are beyond blessed that Moose liked his brother right away! The night he met Bo he was all smiles. He loves to kiss him and pay his head. There is nothing more incredible than watching your two children build a bond. 
Looking Forward to: I am so looking forward to this life with both my boys! I cannot wait to see Moose in action as big brother. I know sometimes that will mean more trouble than help but that's ok... Boys will be boys! :) 









Comments

Popular Posts