Postpartum: Day 13 from baby number 2



The time has come... I'm officially postpartum posting again! This is my most vulnerable type of blog post. It exposes some of my insecurities and forces me to be open and honest. The truth of the matter is I don't have to write these posts, but I do because I feel like 1. They help others 2. They keep me very real. 3. It's amazing to watch the journey.

Let's checkin...
Last day pregnant: 39 weeks 
Weight: 169 at the hospital 
Wedding Ring: off 
Total to Lose to get to Pre-Pregnancy Weight (124): 55 pounds 


First day home from hospital 
Postpartum: Day 2 
Weight: 157
Loss: 12 pounds
Wedding Ring: off 
Total to Lose to get to Pre-Pregnancy Weight (124): 33 pounds 

Postpartum: Day 5
Weight: 151
Loss: 18 pounds
Wedding Ring: off 
Total to Lose to get to Pre-Pregnancy Weight (124): 27 pounds 




Postpartum: Day 9
Weight: 145.5
Loss: 23.5 pounds
Wedding Ring: ON
Total to Lose to get to Pre-Pregnancy Weight (124): 21.5 pounds 



Postpartum: Day 13
Weight: 144
Loss: 25 pounds
Wedding Ring: ON
Total to Lose to get to Pre-Pregnancy Weight (124): 20 pounds 




I don't know if you can tell, but I already can tell a ton! I am down 25 pounds in less than two weeks. I feel so much better about myself than I did the first time I was postpartum. I know that the rest will continue to slowly fall away, but knowing that I have just 20 pounds to go is incredible. I hope to start walking a bit more (we walked to the end of the street today), and if all goes well, I would like to be running at 6 weeks postpartum. I can't quite fit into my clothes, yet, BUT hey I'm only 2 weeks postpartum!!! (Ahem, perspective is such a magical thing!)

I haven't done anything to start the weight loss journey... because that wouldn't be healthy at this point. I am drinking my usual ton of water, and just trying to keep up with feeding the bottomless pit that is my cluster feeding newborn. 

This whole postpartum recovery thing is SO much easier this time! Thanks for all the prayers :) 

Other Postpartum Posts: 

Comments

Popular Posts